What if you took an ordinary test drive and turned it into something extraordinary? Well, Volkswagen South Africa did just that with the Amarok Social Test Drive concept.
The ground-breaking concept takes an existing activity – the daily Dealership test drive of an Amarok – and re-purposes it into a highly beneficial programme of community interventions around South Africa which, in the process, provides a perfect demonstration of the virtues of the vehicle.
See the video below.
This is a brilliant idea which connects two important worlds in a seamless way that makes sense.
Nicholas Wittenberg, Ogilvy South Africa’s ECD of the Digital Portfolio believes the power of the idea lies in its scalability; “there’s no reason why every Amarok Dealer around the globe can’t do this quickly and easily which means there is a huge upside for ‘delivering’ social goods”.
See more videos here:
Ogilvy & Mather Cape Town creds:
- Chief Creative Officer: Chris Gotz, Pete Case
- Executive Creative Director: Tseliso Rangaka
- Executive Creative Director. Digital Portfolio: Nicholas Wittenberg
- Creative Director: Jacques Massardo, Prabashan Gopalakrishnan Panther
- Creative Group Head: Justin Enderstein, Dean Paradise
- Art Director: Matthew Pullen, Emma Butlin, Justin Enderstein
- Copywriter: Kate Desmarais, Dean Paradise, Jacques Massardo
- Senior Designer: Nick Mills, Jedd McNeilage
- User Experience Specialist: Britta Graewe
- Project Manager: Robyn De Beer
- Frontend Developer: Michael Hanslo, Fanus du Toit
- Managing Partner: Vicki HeyGroup
- Account Director: Stuart Randall, Robin Hook
- Agency Producer: Anthea Beylis
- Head of Strategy: Awie Erasmus
- Strategy: Mike Wills
- Creative Director: Daniel Nash
- Account Director: Jess Webb
- Account Manager: Nazneen Ahmed
- Account Executive: Janine Fortuin
- Production Company: Motion City Films