Ogilvy Cape Town staff have been looking forward to the end of the week ever since the start of How To Fridays (and not a moment before). Thanks to Chris Rawlinson – Ogilvy Cape Town’s own digital chap – Fridays are now punctuated with inspirational talks from guest speakers who have been breaking ground in the digital marketing world. So far we’ve been treated to the following:
- Simon Back – Owner of Backsberg Estate Cellars, who together with his marketing team have built an impressive online community through their various digital campaigns.
- Fred Roed – CEO of World Wide Creative and founder of the Heavy Chef Project, an organisation for practical learning within the digital world.
- Nic Haralambous – Founder of the successful start-up, Motribe, a platform enabling users, brands, agencies and publishers across the world to build and manage their own mobile social communities.
- Vanessa Raphaely – Editor of Cosmopolitan magazine and editorial director of Associated Magazines. She is also the name behind well known blogger Hurricane Vanessa.
- Tim Bishop – CTO of mobile marketing company, Prezence Digital, a company specialising in mobile marketing and innovation.
- Paul Galatis – Co-owner of YuppieChef, the premium kitchen store that does things a little digitally.
- Charl Norman – Co-founder of BlueWorld Communities, an award winning internet tech company that owns online destinations in the entertainment, motoring and dating space.